go_guy123
09-09 03:05 PM
With republican House there is zero chance of anything happening on any kind of immigration bill. Nothing other than border security will be taken up. It will be best to kiss good bye to GC dreams if republicans win the House.
yes you will get border security (more national guards/agents at the border, mandatory SSN check )
in exchange for SKIL bill. GOP will thrown the illegals under the bus with backing of technology lobby (opposite of what the democratic party does: throw the skilled immigrants under under the bus at every oppotunity)
yes you will get border security (more national guards/agents at the border, mandatory SSN check )
in exchange for SKIL bill. GOP will thrown the illegals under the bus with backing of technology lobby (opposite of what the democratic party does: throw the skilled immigrants under under the bus at every oppotunity)
wallpaper to President Richard Nixon
kicca
08-29 02:11 PM
yes, it is the I485 STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE...
chmur
09-11 12:41 AM
The problem with your analysis is not every one in the backlog has equal access to excess of 35-40K visas available each year. Most of the excess comes from EB4,5,1 and 2ROW and all goes to EB2 I/C. EB3 ROW gets ~30K every year (42K- 4*2.8K).
Even if we are to assume that post 2007 the demand for EB2 I/C and EB3 is low then also it is ~ 15K for EB2 I/C and ~ 10K for EB3 ROW. But the way INA law is framed EB3 I (most backlogged with ~ 60K) will only get 2800 visa till either of EB2 I/C or EB3 row becomes current. And by current I mean real current, not July 2007. Using these numbers it will still take 4-5 for both EB2 I/C and EB3 Row to become current.
This is assuming low demand in all EB categories continue.
It will be only after 2014-15 that EB3I will get ~ 50K SOFAD(35K SOFAD which EB2 I/C was getting plus about 15K from EB3 ROW category). So in 2015 EB3 I will see a jump of ~ 4 yrs (2003-2007). So EB3I folks with PD after 2007 will have a relative wait time of ~ 8 yrs but folks from 2003-4 are looking at a 12-13 year wait unless reform like Recapture/STEM Degree holders & Dependents excluded from cap is passed.
I understand how overflow gets distributed and Eb3-I is last in line. However , if net reduction is 35-40K each year starting 2010(i.e oct 2009 to oct 2010) and the backlog is 200 K at the beginning of 2010 (Inventory report) , we should work through all the backlog in 5 (40 *5) years.
That means in 2-3 years overflow should get to EB3 I because rest of the category will be current by then .
I agree people who applied in 2003 -2004 are looking at 10 year wait as against someone applying for EB3-I - today . Infact someone applying today will get GC in 5 years from now.
Even if we are to assume that post 2007 the demand for EB2 I/C and EB3 is low then also it is ~ 15K for EB2 I/C and ~ 10K for EB3 ROW. But the way INA law is framed EB3 I (most backlogged with ~ 60K) will only get 2800 visa till either of EB2 I/C or EB3 row becomes current. And by current I mean real current, not July 2007. Using these numbers it will still take 4-5 for both EB2 I/C and EB3 Row to become current.
This is assuming low demand in all EB categories continue.
It will be only after 2014-15 that EB3I will get ~ 50K SOFAD(35K SOFAD which EB2 I/C was getting plus about 15K from EB3 ROW category). So in 2015 EB3 I will see a jump of ~ 4 yrs (2003-2007). So EB3I folks with PD after 2007 will have a relative wait time of ~ 8 yrs but folks from 2003-4 are looking at a 12-13 year wait unless reform like Recapture/STEM Degree holders & Dependents excluded from cap is passed.
I understand how overflow gets distributed and Eb3-I is last in line. However , if net reduction is 35-40K each year starting 2010(i.e oct 2009 to oct 2010) and the backlog is 200 K at the beginning of 2010 (Inventory report) , we should work through all the backlog in 5 (40 *5) years.
That means in 2-3 years overflow should get to EB3 I because rest of the category will be current by then .
I agree people who applied in 2003 -2004 are looking at 10 year wait as against someone applying for EB3-I - today . Infact someone applying today will get GC in 5 years from now.
2011 President Richard Nixon.
good idea
09-09 03:58 PM
I would like to see all EB3 AS DONORS.
I have read so many posts in the past where senior members have clearly said that their is nothing possible for EB3 alone and if something is possible it would be for EB.
(as per calculator, I am going to get my GC in 2030) Would contribution of all EB3 help them in any way?
I have read so many posts in the past where senior members have clearly said that their is nothing possible for EB3 alone and if something is possible it would be for EB.
(as per calculator, I am going to get my GC in 2030) Would contribution of all EB3 help them in any way?
more...
Abhinaym
09-10 11:09 AM
I will update here for those who cannot enter chat
Right now they are discussing
H.R. 6598
the "Prevention of Equine Cruelty Act of 2008
I will update here once HR 5882 starts
Thanks Chintu! I'll look forward to your updates.
Right now they are discussing
H.R. 6598
the "Prevention of Equine Cruelty Act of 2008
I will update here once HR 5882 starts
Thanks Chintu! I'll look forward to your updates.
yabadaba
02-21 03:46 PM
pitha...while i bear the frustration of the doors slamming on my face in october 2005 (eb2 was current prior to that) for the sheer fact that i had an incompetent attorney during the initial days when my LC process started.....i would not go far as saying that the porters have "cheated" the system.
The law via Chintakuntla provided that a person with a bachelors degree and 5 years experience is equal to an advanced degree holder.
All the porters are doing is following the law. Its frustrating to people like you and me, but its their right. If i was in their position and the law allowed me to take advantage of a provision of this nature, I would gladly take it.
The law via Chintakuntla provided that a person with a bachelors degree and 5 years experience is equal to an advanced degree holder.
All the porters are doing is following the law. Its frustrating to people like you and me, but its their right. If i was in their position and the law allowed me to take advantage of a provision of this nature, I would gladly take it.
more...
EkAurAaya
07-16 07:38 PM
I've so many hard working American friends... it really make me want to work harder to compete with them, but these bunch of cry babies at Numbers are scared of skilled workers, they don't want to upgrade their skills, they want to work 9-5 and get paid for their incompetencies.
2010 Left to right: Former
imneedy
05-06 08:03 PM
We thought the same way 3 years ago, 2 years ago, and last year too, but nothing happened, it could be another year and we could be sitting here in same situation 2 years from now. Question is when IV has already collected money for FOIA request than why it is not proceeding in that direction ? We get it in time or not is not the question now....
I second that
I second that
more...
xyzgc
01-17 11:58 PM
I agree with what xyzgc says ..though I guess the last sentence should be changed to "how can you buy long term Immovable assets without getting the permanent residency ?? :)"
Thanks, you are the only one who agrees. Its ok. The rest are fools (in their opinion, I'm stupid, its ok).
Thanks, you are the only one who agrees. Its ok. The rest are fools (in their opinion, I'm stupid, its ok).
hair President Richard Nixon
ssingh92
02-14 12:30 AM
Dude;
This is called natural correction. Read other posts and you would realize that for last 10 yrs majority of these so called IT programmers didn't even go to proper engineering college. More than half of them weren't even qualified to do the jobs. And than most of them came here and sat on bench, even though their actual jobs were still being searched or finalized. This system was mis-used and abused. Now it's time to pay for it!
So thank God this is happening and hope USCIS does good job this time.
I totally agreed with you. This system has to be cleaned. If a system is being misused then the Gov will take some action. I also dont think they want to remove all Indians from US. I believe they will link this system with a new system similar to JRE and TOFFEL so that a police inspector from India can not come as PL/Sql programmer no matter who is hiring. I know my comment will hurt lot of people here.
This is called natural correction. Read other posts and you would realize that for last 10 yrs majority of these so called IT programmers didn't even go to proper engineering college. More than half of them weren't even qualified to do the jobs. And than most of them came here and sat on bench, even though their actual jobs were still being searched or finalized. This system was mis-used and abused. Now it's time to pay for it!
So thank God this is happening and hope USCIS does good job this time.
I totally agreed with you. This system has to be cleaned. If a system is being misused then the Gov will take some action. I also dont think they want to remove all Indians from US. I believe they will link this system with a new system similar to JRE and TOFFEL so that a police inspector from India can not come as PL/Sql programmer no matter who is hiring. I know my comment will hurt lot of people here.
more...
deepakjain
06-08 06:32 PM
Do not abuse me...for this post.
2 of my friends have moved back to India after looking at EB2 date of JAN00....I think they took the wise decision....
Else let us work here thinking that we are in Saudi Arabia, work till the age of 58-65 and then move back to India letting our kids settled here.
2 of my friends have moved back to India after looking at EB2 date of JAN00....I think they took the wise decision....
Else let us work here thinking that we are in Saudi Arabia, work till the age of 58-65 and then move back to India letting our kids settled here.
hot ztab1
greyhair
03-12 11:44 AM
I completely agree with you. By the way, why are you not a donor?
I was been a donor in the past. But since then I noticed all this and have written several emails to IV asking them to convert IV access to paid donors only otherwise freeloaders like you are eating my lunch.
I was been a donor in the past. But since then I noticed all this and have written several emails to IV asking them to convert IV access to paid donors only otherwise freeloaders like you are eating my lunch.
more...
house In Memoriam, Richard Nixon
hemal555
01-23 11:43 AM
Hi Varsha,
Is there any schedule for the ongoing conf call?
Also, please let me know if there are any guidelines about what we need to talk when calling senators.
Thanks,
Hemal
Is there any schedule for the ongoing conf call?
Also, please let me know if there are any guidelines about what we need to talk when calling senators.
Thanks,
Hemal
tattoo of President Kaczyński.
gunabcd
07-13 10:57 PM
http://www.murthy.com/chertoff_murthy.html
July 12, 2007
VIA FEDERAL EXPRESS
Michael Chertoff, Esq.
Secretary
Department of Homeland Security
RE: USCIS Decision to Reject I-485 Filings
Dear Mr. Chertoff:
continue
Looks like "Jbpvisa" wanted to win the race of posting this article first, and he/she mis-spelled "Murthy" as Murphy. recently somebody came up with a "Secret News.." which was actually his own far fetched fantasy. I don't understand why some people are so thrilled about throwing around sensational sounding posts ? Isn't that similar to creating a chain email hoax?
July 12, 2007
VIA FEDERAL EXPRESS
Michael Chertoff, Esq.
Secretary
Department of Homeland Security
RE: USCIS Decision to Reject I-485 Filings
Dear Mr. Chertoff:
continue
Looks like "Jbpvisa" wanted to win the race of posting this article first, and he/she mis-spelled "Murthy" as Murphy. recently somebody came up with a "Secret News.." which was actually his own far fetched fantasy. I don't understand why some people are so thrilled about throwing around sensational sounding posts ? Isn't that similar to creating a chain email hoax?
more...
pictures Tags:Vietnam, War
sat0207
04-27 03:16 PM
from USCIS website check this link http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/public...ecks_42506.pdf
dresses Since President Richard Nixon
amitjoey
11-07 05:18 PM
bump
more...
makeup President Richard M. Nixon
logiclife
04-20 07:05 PM
Hi,
Is there something you need to show for entry at the event ?
Sorry if it is a dumb question..:confused: .I just joined today..
- Naresh
No you dont need to show anything. Just be there on time...
Is there something you need to show for entry at the event ?
Sorry if it is a dumb question..:confused: .I just joined today..
- Naresh
No you dont need to show anything. Just be there on time...
girlfriend Since President Richard Nixon
snathan
06-10 01:44 PM
@eastindia: I doubt if that 's required - "Basically a letter from employer". You definitely include your I-485 notice that shows that a AOS in pending.
Remember the GC is for future employement. USCIS can anytime ask the letter to prove the job offer is still there. I know coupld of guys got RFE for the same.
If there is no job, the underlaying I-485 become invalid and so there is no AOS.
Remember the GC is for future employement. USCIS can anytime ask the letter to prove the job offer is still there. I know coupld of guys got RFE for the same.
If there is no job, the underlaying I-485 become invalid and so there is no AOS.
hairstyles US President Richard Nixon
sweet_jungle
02-20 12:59 AM
How come these people do not get caught during H-1 approval process or during visa stamping at consulate or maybe later during GC process?
[QUOTE=chanduv23]Thats a new trend. They go to colleges and meet a group of Indian students who are about to graduate and take them out of drinks and dinner and give a presentation about their company. Then when these students come into OPT status, they are all given food + guest house accomodation. Then they are put under intense training for 2 to 3 months and made to do some mockup projects. Then their resumes are massaged with 4 to 5 years of experience ie experience from date they graduated in the under graduation and their MS education is stripped off on their resumes.
[QUOTE=chanduv23]Thats a new trend. They go to colleges and meet a group of Indian students who are about to graduate and take them out of drinks and dinner and give a presentation about their company. Then when these students come into OPT status, they are all given food + guest house accomodation. Then they are put under intense training for 2 to 3 months and made to do some mockup projects. Then their resumes are massaged with 4 to 5 years of experience ie experience from date they graduated in the under graduation and their MS education is stripped off on their resumes.
sunitharay
08-14 05:14 PM
When did you submitted your applications?
Please let me know? thanks
Please let me know? thanks
angelfire76
02-13 05:03 PM
This is a real life example that happened a week ago. I was at the gym talking to a guy and he was asking where I was working. I told him and I got a look that suggested it was a crime for me to have a job.....No words exchanged but just the look of it...I could feel it..
Same sense of entitlement to everything landed the US in the soup they are in right now?
There are some very hard-working and bright people and I'm not generalizing here, but they need to understand the the foreign worker (who's probably being paid less than you to do the same job) is not the enemy. The unsustainable lifestyle is.
Same sense of entitlement to everything landed the US in the soup they are in right now?
There are some very hard-working and bright people and I'm not generalizing here, but they need to understand the the foreign worker (who's probably being paid less than you to do the same job) is not the enemy. The unsustainable lifestyle is.